Thursday 25 April 2013

Another Set Of Twin.

One of my does gave birth to a wonderful set of twin last night. Both kids are males. They're both in good health. One kid is much bigger than the other. The heavier kid is around 1.3kg and the littler one is around 1.1kg. The mother is milking very well. Both kids got their ever most important colostrum. Both are giving yellowish poop. So, that's a good sign.

I didn't get to see the whole birthing process. I have witnessed it before so no biggie. The best thing about katjang breed is that the does are very good mothers. Even for first-timers. They don't really need human intervention to go through the labor process. The orientation of the kids are usually normal. Very rarely the kids are in breach position and even if that happens, the does usually resolve the issue on their own.

I have another doe that's going into labor soon. I expect for her to give me twins too. From my observation, I predict that the doe will go into labor as early as tonight. So, wish us luck.

Here's a picture of the twins and their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment